What is Open Work Permit?
An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific and therefore you do not need LMIA and proof of offer from the employer. In almost all cases you would be required to pay the open work permit fee. Consult us for more information.
Am I eligible to apply for Open Work Permit?
You may be eligible to apply for open work permit if you
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
- are under an unenforceable removal order
- are a temporary resident permit holder
- are a young worker participating in special programs
How Whitefield Immigration Consultancy can help you in the application process?
As a regulated Canadian immigration consultant, Whitefield Immigration Consultancy can help you explore various options that suits you. In each of the above situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible. Consult Us for more details and pursue a more suitable and eligible path to Open Work Permit. Contact us today.